For more general information about each of these awards, visit the BRSS TACS Major Activities page.
BRSS TACS is pleased to highlight the work of the Help2Peers project, a program of The Healing Place of Huntington, West Virginia, as one of 18 recipients of the 2013 SAMHSA BRSS TACS Health Reform Education Awards. The goals of the project were to identify, educate and train peers in the Affordable Care Act and enroll individuals and their families in appropriate health coverage; develop outreach and informational materials to distribute and share; and collaborate by expanding and strengthening networks of peer run organizations across the state.
Terry Danielson, project coordinator for the Help2Peers project shares the following: "We at The Healing Place of Huntington are humbled to accept this spotlight exposure through BRSS TACS. Our Help2Peers program provides outreach to other peer-supported recovery organizations. Simply engaging with others goes a long way to furthering the message of recovery in the state of West Virginia. Helping others is the cornerstone of all our efforts. It provides a great platform for us to integrate peer-to-peer recovery support throughout the state of West Virginia, by taking The Healing Place model outside our doors, and into the doors of other programs in the state. The work is hard, but extremely rewarding."
Peer-Run Organization/Recovery Community Organization Awards
We are pleased to announce the recipients of the third annual subcontract awards:
- Western Mass Recovery Learning Community (MA)
- Foundation for Recovery, Inc. (NV)
- Recover Wyoming (WY)
- Lived Experience Research Network (MD)
- The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania (PA)
- United Self Help (HI)
Please join us in congratulating the 2014 BRSS TACS Peer-Run Organization/Recovery Community Organization Awards recipients! Are you a current awardee? Do you have questions about your award? Would you like to be connected with a past awardee? Do you have a specific TA request? Contact Rebecca Stouff: email@example.com.
State Peer Awards for Health Reform Education
We are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2014 subcontract awards:
- Albuquerque Center for Hope and Recovery (ACHR) (NM)
- Alcohol Drug Council of North Carolina (ADCNC) (NC)
- Chicago Women’s AIDS Project (CWAP) (IL)
- Council of Southeast Pennsylvania (CSP) (PA)
- Detroit Recovery Project (DRP) (MI)
- Greater New Bethel Baptist Church (GNBBC) (FL)
- Healing Place of Huntington, Inc. (WV)
- LA Community Health Project (CHP) (CA)
- The Mental Health Association of America Oregon (MHAO) (OR)
- Minnesota Recovery Connection (MRC) (MN)
- National Alliance of Methadone Advocates (NAMA) ( NY)
- North Central Regional Mental Health Board (NCRMHB) (CT)
- Northern Ohio Recovery Association (NORA) (OH)
- Ohio Empowerment Coalition (OEC)(OH)
- Pennsylvania Mental Health Consumers’ Association (PMHCA) (PA)
- Rhode Island Communities for Addiction Recovery (RICARES) (RI)
- United Self-Help (USH) (HI)
- Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness (USARA) (UT)
Are you a current awardee? Do you have questions about your award? Would you like to be connected with a past awardee? Do you have a specific TA request? Contact Robert Sember: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policy Academy Awards
Teams from the following States were selected in 2014 to participate in a Policy Academy event to prepare them for creating and implementing State Action Plans in their states:
- Rhode Island
As part of the BRSS TACS 2014 Policy Academy: Supporting Recovery through Expanding Opportunities for Employment, eight interactive, 75-minute knowledge-building sessions were produced. They are available for viewing below:
- Building Collaboration Between the Employment and Behavioral Health Sectors, Original Air Date: April 17, 2014
- Culture Shift: Creating Treatment and Recovery Communities that Support and Encourage Employment, Original Air Date: April 18, 2014
- Substance Use and Mental Health Working Together: Challenges and Opportunities in Employment and Economic Issues, Original Air Date: April 17, 2014
- Creating Policies and Programs That Reduce Individual Barriers To Employment, Original Air Date: April 16, 2014
- Financing Vocational and Job Programs for Individuals in Recovery: Part 1 – Medicaid and Ticket to Work Need, Original Air Date: April 15, 2014
- Financing Vocational and Job Programs for Individuals in Recovery: Part 2 – Other Funding Solutions, Original Air Date: April 21, 2014
- Careers in Behavioral Health: Developing the Peer Workforce, Original Air Date: April 17, 2014
- Recovery Supports in Education and Employment for Youth and Young Adults, Original Air Date: April 14, 2014
As part of the BRSS TACS 2013 Policy Academy: Bringing Recovery Supports to Scale in the Context of the Affordable Care Act, eight interactive, ninety-minute knowledge-building sessions were produced. They are available for viewing below:
- Understanding and Using Utilization Projections, Cost Projections and Workforce Data, Original Air Date: June 14, 2013.
- Peers in Federally Qualified Health Centers, Original Air Date: June 13, 2013.
- Recovery Communities Support for Enrollment, Original Air Date: June 12, 2013.
- Financing Peer Support Services through Medicaid – Billing Codes and Other Factors, Original Air Date: June 11, 2013.
- Peer Specialist/Recovery Coach Certification, Original Air Date: June 7, 2013
- Substance Abuse/Mental Health Recovery Communities Working Together in Affordable Care Act Implementation, Original Air Date: June 7, 2013.
- Partnerships for Change: Effective Engagement of Consumers, Peers, and People in Recovery in Policy and Systems Planning, Original Air Date: June 6, 2013.
- Creating Culture Shift and Building Systems that Support Recovery including Peer Services, Original Air Date, June 6, 2013.
Are you a current awardee? Do you have questions about your award? Do you have a specific TA request? Contact your award manager, Rebecca Stouff: email@example.com.
Interested in applying for a BRSS TACS funding opportunity? Visit the BRSS TACS Major Activities page.