National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day has grown in scope, visibility, and support since its beginning in 2005. This initiative now connects many different organizations in their efforts to promote awareness of children's mental health issues not just on a single day, but year-round.
Whether you participate as a national collaborating organization, a SAMHSA-funded community, or a local affiliate of a national organization, Awareness Day:
- Enhances your reputation as an agent for providing greater access to children’s mental health services and supports
- Reinforces your commitment to the total wellness of children and youth
- Highlights your participation in collaboration with other national organizations and Federal agencies addressing children’s mental health needs
- Promotes your organization or company brand in the materials and online content produced to educate and inform participants and the public on Awareness Day
- Provides access to SAMHSA’s social marketing tools to support awareness-raising initiatives for children’s mental health