Use these forms and resources to help you prepare your application.
If you are applying for a SAMHSA grant, you must download the application forms found on Grants.gov. This website is the source for finding federal grant opportunities, downloading forms, and submitting an application. Additional forms available only on SAMHSA’s website also may be required. Read the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) carefully to determine which forms you must include in your application. Applications that do not include all required forms will be screened out and will not be eligible for review.
Additional Forms for Submission
HHS 690 Form
Every grant applicant must have a completed HHS 690 form (PDF | 291 KB) on file with the Department of Health and Human Services. Your signature acknowledges that you agree to comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
Charitable Choice Form – SMA 170
You may be required to submit an Assurance of Compliance with SAMHSA Charitable Choice Statutes and Regulations form SMA 170 (PDF | 23 KB). Check the FOA to determine if this form is required for the grant program for which you are applying.
Other Application Materials
Assurances and Certifications
When the Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) signs the Application for Federal Assistance SF-424 form, they certify that the statements contained in the SAMHSA List of Certifications (PDF | 11 KB) are true. Their signature also certifies that they agree to comply with the SF-424B (Assurances for Non-construction) Form (PDF | 115 KB).
Additional Information for Completing Your Grant Application
- Guidance describing use of Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant Funds to support SSPs (PDF | 88 KB)
- SAMHSA-specific Guidance for Minority HIV/AIDS Initiative (MAI) Programs Implementing SSPs (PDF | 86 KB)
- See Data, Outcomes, and Quality (DOQ) for information about substance use and mental health problems and trends at the state level and some smaller geopolitical areas.
- Guidelines for Consumer and Family Participation will help applicant organizations promote consumer and family participation in grant programs.
- Directory of Single State Substance Abuse Agencies (PDF | 191 KB)
- Directory of Single State Mental Health Agencies (PDF | 31 KB)
- Guide to Evidence-Based Practices will help you find websites with information about evidence-based practices to prevent and/or treat mental health and substance use disorders.
- National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices is a searchable online database of mental health and substance abuse interventions. Search it to find which may best meet your needs.