Find instructions and forms for completing and submitting your SAMHSA continuation grant application.
SAMHSA is transitioning to the National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) electronic Research Administration (eRA) grants system. Due to this transition, SAMHSA changed the continuation application submission for the following two programs:
- TI-16-011 (TCE-HIV)
- SM-16-008 (NCTSI-TSA)
These programs will offer training on eRA, including how to submit the continuation applications. Information on this training will be sent directly to the recipients in January 2017.
All other discretionary grant continuation applications must be submitted electronically through Grants.gov. If you are eligible for a continuation grant, you'll receive a letter of notification via email to your designated business official.
Current Grant Recipients Information
Current grant recipients received the following letters containing information and instructions for accessing and submitting a continuation application:
|Grant Program||2017 Budget Period Start Date||Grants.gov Submission Deadline||Funding Opportunity Number||Continuation Letter|
|CMHS, CSAT, CSAP discretionary grant programs||April, June, July, and August||Jan. 9, 2017||SAMHSACONTINUATION2017||FY2017 Continuation Letter (April, June, July, and August start date) (PDF | 111 KB)|
|CMHS, CSAT, CSAP discretionary grant programs||September||Jan. 23, 2017||SAMHSACONTINUATION2017||FY2017 Continuation Letter (September Start Date) (PDF | 111 KB)|
|STOP Discretionary Program||September||Jan. 27, 2017||SAMHSASTOPCONT2017||FY17STOP Continuation Letter (PDF | 113 KB)|
|Drug Free Communities (DFC, DFC-M)||September||Jan. 27, 2017||SAMHSADFCCONT2017||FY2017 DFC Continuation Letter (PDF | 115 KB)|
For more instructions on accessing your continuation package, please refer to Downloading Your SAMHSA Continuation Application Package from Grants.gov (PDF │ 3.1 MB)
Drug-free Communities (DFC) recipients should review the guidance for DFC and DFC Mentoring Continuation Grants
The Supplementary Instructions for the Continuation Application Package (PDF | 32 KB) provide specific information and instructions for completing and submitting a noncompeting continuation application package.
The following forms are required as part of the continuation application package:
- Application for Federal Assistance SF-424 (PDF | 264 KB)
- Instructions for the SF-424 (PDF | 52 KB)
- Budget Information—Non-Construction Programs SF-424A (PDF | 314 KB)
- Instructions for the SF-424A (PDF | 29)
- Project/Performance Site Location(s) (PDF | 19 KB)
- Disclosure of Lobbying Activities (PDF | 33 KB): If the organization does not participate in lobbying activities, indicate “Not Applicable” on the SF-LLL Form and submit.
- HHS Checklist 5161 (PDF | 32 KB)
- Charitable Choice Form SMA-170 (PDF | 23 KB): If the organization is not faith-based, indicate “Not Applicable” on the charitable choice form and submit.
Below are sample budgets that can be used to prepare your detailed budget and narrative justification:
- Sample Budget and Justification (No Match Required) (DOC | 48 KB) (revised December 2015)
- Sample Budget and Justification (Match Required) (DOC | 58 KB) (revised December 2015)