The Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) provides resources for substance abuse prevention data collection and analyses.
CSAP develops comprehensive prevention systems by:
- Providing national leadership in the development of policies, programs, and services to prevent the onset of illegal drug use, prescription drug misuse and abuse, alcohol misuse and abuse, and underage alcohol and tobacco use
- Promoting effective substance abuse prevention practices that enable states, communities, and other organizations to apply prevention knowledge effectively
Use the appropriate tool for your program. Review the instructions before downloading forms.
Data Collection, Analyses, and Reporting (DCAR)
DCAR is a centralized resource for substance abuse prevention data and analyses that ensures substance abuse initiatives adequately address the nation's needs and promotes science-based strategies and activities for particular populations. The data collection tool:
- Develops helpful products based on analyses that target different audiences
- Promotes the use of reliable and valid instruments including common data definitions and measures such as National Outcome Measures (NOMs) and GPRA measurement tools
CSAP program grantees can use DCAR to report on:
- Particular populations served
- The number, types, and locations of particular supported activities
- The effectiveness across programs for particular populations
- The characteristics and effectiveness across programs of activities relative to national, subpopulation, and geographic area data and trends
Other CSAP Data Collection Tools Listed by Discretionary Grant Program
Minority AIDS Initiative Tools
New adult and youth instruments are under approval and will be posted in spring 2016.
Strategic Prevention Framework Tools
- State Incentive Grant (SIG) Participant-Level Instrument (PLI) Adult Programs Survey Form (DOC | 112 KB)
- State Incentive Grant (SIG) Participant-Level Instrument (PLI) Youth Programs Survey Form (DOC | 176 KB)
- Partnerships for Success (PFS) Application Form to Substitute Community-Level NOMs Data (DOC | 24 KB)