By hosting an event that ties into National Prevention Week in your community, you can increase awareness about the prevention of substance abuse and mental disorders, and kick off the summer season in a way that promotes healthy lifestyle choices.
There are endless ways to bring National Prevention Week to your community. Check out National Prevention Week Event Ideas that can help you brainstorm events you'd like to host and cost-saving strategies.
Your event planning can also go beyond national Prevention Week and align with other SAMHSA observances such as:
- National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day
- National Alcohol Awareness Month
- National Recovery Month
Want to be inspired by other communities' events for National Prevention Week? Visit the Communities in Action page to learn about events communities across the United States have held during National Prevention Week in years past.
- Prevention Week Fact Sheet (PDF | 264 KB)
- Tips for Planning an Event (PDF | 377 KB)
- Event Ideas (PDF | 766 KB)
- Planning Checklist (DOCX | 149 KB)
Tell SAMHSA about your event!
Please provide the following information to SAMHSA's National Prevention Week Coordinator, David Wilson, at email@example.com, and SAMHSA will post your event information on the National Prevention Week Events page.
- Your organization's name and website address
- A brief description of your event(s)
- Topics addressed by the event
- Target audience(s)
- Date and time
- Venue name and address