Affordable Care Act Timeline
- March 23, 2010: President Obama signs the Affordable Care Act into law.
- September 23, 2010: Young adults can now stay on parents' plans until age 26.
- October 1, 2013: Individuals and small businesses can enroll in plans in new health insurance marketplaces.
- January 1, 2014: Coverage goes into effect.
- January 1, 2014: Most people who can afford it must obtain basic health insurance coverage or pay a fine.
- January 1, 2014: Americans earning less than 133 percent of poverty level may now enroll in Medicaid in some states.
Return to "Providing Education on New Health Care Options"