SAMHSA envisions that people with, affected by, or at risk for mental health and substance use conditions receive care, thrive, and achieve wellbeing. To achieve this, SAMHSA focuses on building resilience and facilitating recovery for people with or at risk for mental or substance use disorders.
Current Councils and Committees
SAMHSA has advisory councils and committees as authorized by the Public Health Service Act in accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act. Through these councils and committees, SAMHSA draws advice from public members and professionals in the field of substance abuse and mental health.
- SAMHSA National Advisory Council
- Center for Mental Health Services National Advisory Council
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention National Advisory Council
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment National Advisory Council
- Advisory Committee for Women's Services
- Drug Testing Advisory Board
- Tribal Technical Advisory Committee
- Interdepartmental Serious Mental Illness Coordinating Committee
- Interdepartmental Substance Use Disorders Coordinating Committee