SAMHSA's 2023-2026 Strategic Plan
The 2023–2026 SAMHSA Strategic Plan presents a new person-centered mission and vision highlighting key guiding principles and presenting new priorities, goals, and objectives. To achieve its mission, SAMHSA has identified five priority areas to better meet the behavioral health needs of individuals, communities, and service providers.
The five priority areas are:
- Preventing Substance Use and Overdose
- Enhancing Access to Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Services
- Promoting Resilience and Emotional Health for Children, Youth and Families
- Integrating Behavioral and Physical Health Care
- Strengthening the Behavioral Health Workforce
SAMHSA’s work is guided by four core principles that are being integrated throughout the Agency’s activities.
The four core principles are:
- Trauma-Informed Approaches
- Commitment to Data and Evidence