The Compendium of Federal Datasets Addressing Health Disparities (PDF | 4 MB) is a free resource of publicly available data relevant to research and programs aiming to reduce health disparities by exploring the relationship between socioeconomic factors and the social determinants of health. The Compendium, an initiative of the Interdepartmental Health Equity Collaborative (IHEC), includes data and data-related resources from various federal agencies within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Reports and Spotlights
- 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) Population Specific Data This webpage includes slide decks (available as a PPT and PDF) based on the graphics, tables, and figures from the 2019 NSDUH data specific to subpopulations, including African Americans; American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/ANs); Asians/Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders (NHOPI); Hispanics, Latino or Spanish Origin or Descent; Lesbian, Gay, & Bisexual (LGB) adults; Veterans; and Women.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)’s Chartbook on Healthcare for Asians and Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders. This chartbook, developed in collaboration with SAMHSA’s Office of Behavioral Health Equity, includes selected demographics, and a summary of trends and figures across measures of healthcare access and quality for Asians and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders from the National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Report (QDR). It is part of a series related to the QDR, which AHRQ produces each year.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Data Spotlight, Blacks Experiencing Fast-Rising Rates of Overdose Deaths Involving Synthetic Opioids Other Than Methadone (PDF | 530 KB) and related infographic (PDF | 864 KB) This spotlight highlights data from the 2018 National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Report specific to synthetic opioid overdose deaths among the Black/African American population.
- Behavioral Health Barometer, Volume 5 The national report presents data from the 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health and the National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services. Some measures include data presented by race/ethnicity and other demographic variables. State reports provide a snapshot of substance use and mental health in the United States.
- Racial/Ethnic Differences in Mental Health Service Use among Adults This chart book reports estimates of mental health service use among adults in the United States within different racial and ethnic groups. Highlights include past year use of mental health service, use of prescription psychiatric medication, and use of outpatient and inpatient mental health service.