Find resources that support youth and young adult leadership in recovery programs.
Youth and young adults are powerful agents of change in behavioral health care. Bringing Recovery Supports to Scale Technical Assistance Center Strategy (BRSS TACS) works with Youth M.O.V.E. National, Young People in Recovery, and others to support recovery and advance youth and young adult leadership.
Help for Youth and Young Adult-Led Youth Programs
BRSS TACS offers intensive, individualized technical assistance to help achieve goals and maximize impact. Subject matter experts can help adult-led youth programs develop:
- Organizational infrastructure
- Sustainability planning
- Leadership and succession planning
- Youth peer support programs
Examples of technical assistance include:
- Coaching, training, and intensive consultation
- Making peer-to-peer connections
- Providing resources
Learn more about BRSS TACS training and technical assistance.
Increasing Youth Engagement and Empowerment
BRSS TACS helps programs, organizations, and systems strengthen youth engagement and voice. Our team includes youth and young adult leaders with expertise in implementing models in a range of settings and can deliver consultation, resources, training, and facilitation.
Youth and Young Adult Resources
The following are youth and young adult resources developed by BRSS TACS’ partners. Please read the SAMHSA.gov Exit Disclaimer for more information on resources from non-federal websites.
- Effectively Employing Young Adult Peer Providers: A Toolkit from University of Massachusetts Medical School helps users conceptualize and structure young adult peer roles. It also offers tips on how to establish a supportive organizational culture; how to recruit, hire, train, and supervise peers; and addressing challenges.
- A Guide to Youth Recruitment at Youth M.O.V.E. National – 2016 (PDF | 386 KB) provides step-by-step guidance for encouraging youth to take action and join your group.
- Youth Advocate to Advocate for Youth: The Next Transition at the Research and Training Center for Pathways to Positive Futures – 2013 (PDF | 516 KB) helps young people use lived experience to promote change through seven stages of guidance.
Access video trainings on youth and young adults, parents and families, and other topics.