In this video, Maya Doe-Simkims, Co-Director for Harm Reduction Michigan, describes the medication naloxone as both a tool for reversing opioid overdose and as a concept for understanding the importance of connection and caring in addressing the opioid crisis.
- Examining Our Biases About People Who Misuse Opioids
- Working with People in Recovery Homes: Engaging Residents in Overdose Prevention Efforts
- Talking About Overdose with People Who Use Opioids
- Preventing the Consequences of Opioid Overdose: Understanding Naloxone Access Laws
- Preparing for Naloxone Distribution: Resources for First Responders and Others
- Words Matter: How Language Choice Can Reduce Stigma
Watch more Prevention Conversations videos on SAMHSA’s YouTube channel.