In this video, Valery Shuman, Senior Director for Heartland Center for Systems Change, underscores the importance of examining our misconceptions about people with substance use disorders.
- Addressing the Opioid Crisis: Prioritizing What Works
- Addiction as a Disease—Not a Moral Failure
- Reframing the Opioid Prevention Narrative: Addressing Misperceptions
- Preventing Opioid Misuse and Overdose: Data Sources and Tools to Inform Assessment and Planning Efforts
- Words Matter: How Language Choice Can Reduce Stigma
Watch more Prevention Conversations videos on SAMHSA’s YouTube channel.