The SAMHSA resource Preventing Suicide: A Toolkit for High Schools – 2012 aims to help schools and their partners:
- Assess their ability to prevent suicide among students and respond to suicides that may occur
- Understand strategies that can help students who are at risk for suicide
- Understand how to respond to the suicide of a student or other member of the school community
- Identify suicide prevention programs and activities that are effective for the needs of individual schools
- Promote the importance of cultural competence and respond to the needs and cultures of each school’s students
Learn more about SAMHSA’s suicide prevention efforts.