Skip to main content

How Can We Help?

Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find treatment for myself or someone else?

Please follow this link for the Treatment Services Locator available here(link is external)

Where do I find information about SAMHSA grants?

Our Center, the Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality (CBHSQ), does not maintain that information. SAMHSA makes grant funds available through the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, and the Center for Mental Health Services. That website can be found here(link is external)

I have questions about how to access and analyze SAMHSA data.

SAMHSA data is available through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Data Archive (SAMHDA), which has its own helpline and technical assistance, and can be found here(link is external) There is also an FAQ page specific to SAMHDA available here(link is external)

Who sponsors the SAMHSA data pages?

The Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality (CBHSQ) is within SAMHSA and advances our mission to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities. CBHSQ hopes to accomplish this by providing data to decision-makers, researchers, and the general public. As the nation’s principal source of behavioral health statistics, CBHSQ collects and analyzes data from a variety of sources and distributes that information to support public health, policy, and programmatic decisions.

What are the major data collections for SAMHSA?
What kind of data-related information does SAMHSA release?

Each data collection releases analytic reports, data tables, data files, and methodological documentation. Data files and certain methodological documentation, such as codebooks, can be found here(link is external)

If I was a previous user or previously approved for access to the Data Portal, will I get priority access at the RDCs?

We are instituting a first come, first serve approach for application acceptance and review. Researchers will have to redo the Designate Agent Agreement and undertake confidentiality training. Once approved, researchers will have to contact the RDC to book their own time and pay fees. For more information, please visit the FAQ page related to RDC.

How can I access NSDUH data?

There are a few ways to access and analyze data from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). NSDUH data are available (1) as pre-published estimates, (2) via online analyses systems, and (3) as microdata files. A description of NSDUH products can be found on under the NSDUH landing page.

Contact Us Form
I have a question about