NSDUH 2019 Field Interviewer Manual
This detailed manual was used as a training guide for the Field Interviewers (FIs) who conducted the in-person 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). It covers the information presented at the intensive training for new FIs. Although it is written for NSDUH FIs, researchers may find it helpful for learning about data collection challenges that could affect data quality. It also may be helpful for those designing their own field operations.
The manual includes:
- An introduction to the survey;
- A guide to what is expected of FIs;
- Copies of materials that were mailed or given to respondents;
- FI instructions for locating sample dwelling units, contacting residents, obtaining participation, conducting the screening and interview, documenting their experiences; and
- Quality control and administrative procedures for FIs.
- (pdf | 18.41 MB)