NSDUH 2020 Sample Design Report
Learn about the sample design used for the 2020 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). The report describes the five stages of sample selection, sample weighting and variance estimation procedures, and the impact of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic on sampling.
- Introduces the report, describes the target population, provides a general overview of the 2020 NSDUH sample design, and summarizes the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the 2020 NSDUH.
- Summarizes the 2014 through 2022 coordinated sample design.
- Discusses the first three stages of sample selection in greater detail.
- Discusses the fourth and fifth stages of sample selection.
- Describes sample weighting and variance estimation procedures for 2020.
- Describes the Clinical Validation Study that was conducted in 2020.
- (pdf | 23.06 MB)