NSDUH 2020 Sample Experience Report
This report is a follow-up to the 2020 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) Sample Design Report. It further documents the 2020 NSDUH sample experiences by comparing expected outcomes with what actually occurred, and documenting unexpected issues that came up during the year. A summary of the sample design is included for context.
- Introduces the report and summarizes the impact of the coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic on sample design and data collection.
- Revisits the 2020 sample design.
- Documents the sample experiences at the third stage of sample selection
- Documents the sample experiences at the fourth stage of sample selection
- Documents the sample experiences at the fifth stage of sample selection
- Looks at sampling error, through a computation of design effects and a comparison of observed and expected precision
- Examines the Clinical Validation Study sample experience
- (pdf | 1.37 MB)