Learn how to measure program performance, anticipate the changing needs of disaster survivors, and develop strategies to improve services.
Ongoing evaluation of your Crisis Counseling Assistance and Training Program (CCP) helps ensure efficient and effective delivery of CCP services. It also shows program sponsors that the services are being delivered as planned and benefiting disaster survivors.
Program evaluation refers to systematic efforts to collect, analyze, and interpret information about the delivery or outcomes of interventions. It should address three critical performance areas:
- Program reach: How many people did the CCP reach and what were their characteristics?
- Program quality: Did disaster survivors and providers find the services to be appropriate and beneficial?
- Program consistency: Did program performance differ across areas or provider organizations? If so, can these differences be explained by population or other differences?
Regularly communicating evaluation results to CCP staff is crucial, as it can prompt discussions on strategies for improving program services.
The Guide to Evaluating Your CCP (PDF | 6.9 MB) will help you train CCP staff about ongoing program monitoring, evaluation of program data, and the use of the data collection forms.
The guide is organized into four sections.
- Fundamentals of Data Collection and Evaluation (PDF | 1.7 MB). This section contains a series of questions that outreach workers, crisis counselors, supervisors, program planners, and data managers might ask as they perform ongoing program monitoring. The section also includes an overview of the CCP and how evaluation is used in the program.
- CCP Mobile Application User Manual (PDF | 1.3 MB). The second section is designed to aid users in understanding the features of the CCP mobile application.
- CCP Data Collection Forms and Instructions (PDF | 1.6 MB). The third section should be used by outreach workers and crisis counselors to become familiar with each of the forms.
- Online Data Collection and Evaluation System User Manual, Version 3.0 ((PDF | 3.4 MB). The fourth section is designed to assist users of the CCP Online Data Collection and Evaluation System (ODCES) in understanding the features of the system, including data entry and reporting functions.