Access handouts for trainers to share with participants throughout Crisis Counseling Assistance and Training Program (CCP) training.
CCP trainer resources include job aides, brochures, and other handouts for trainers and participants to use during required CCP trainings:
- Handout 1: Disaster Behavioral Health Acronyms (PDF | 142 KB): An alphabetized list of agencies and terms commonly used in the disaster behavioral field, along with their acronyms.
- Handout 2: Crisis Counseling Assistance and Training Program Typical Timeline (PDF | 129 KB): A graphical depiction of the timeline for the Immediate Services Program (ISP) and Regular Services Program (RSP) over the first year after a major disaster.
- Handout 3: Disaster Reactions and Interventions (PDF | 148 KB): A chart that lists common disaster reactions by age—from preschoolers to older adults—and appropriate interventions.
- Handout 4: Recognizing Severe Reactions to Disaster and Common Psychiatric Disorders (PDF | 249 KB): An overview of symptoms of severe reactions to a disaster, as well as mental health issues that may have existed prior to a disaster.
- Handout 5: The Road to Resilience (PDF | 924 KB): A full-color brochure that defines resilience and offers tips for building resilience.
- Handout 7: Organizational Approaches for Stress Prevention and Management (PDF | 185 KB): A chart listing immediate and long-term responses for various dimensions of stress prevention and management.
- CCP Job Aid for Crisis Counselors (PDF | 207 KB): A foldable brochure that gives an overview of the CCP, crisis counseling skills, outreach strategies, and other tools for helping disaster survivors.
- Exercises and Trainer’s Tips (PDF | 625 KB): This resource includes icebreakers, games, and other exercises for trainers to use throughout the CCP trainings.
- Training Feedback Forms: Trainer (DOC | 54 KB): A brief survey for trainers and other leaders to provide feedback on the training content and materials.
- Training Feedback Forms: Participant (DOC | 54 KB): A brief survey for training participants to provide feedback on their experience.
- “Face of FEMA” DVD: Please contact SAMHSA DTAC at 800-308-3515 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of this DVD.
- References for CCP Trainer Resources (PDF | 190 KB): A list of sources for the information cited in the CCP training materials.