Prevention Resources and Events
A tool to help parents and caregivers better understand the health, wellness, and wellbeing of their children. Find it on the free “Talk. They Hear You.” app.
Prevention Campaign Resources
- A Guide to SAMHSA’s Strategic Prevention Framework (PDF | 3.3 MB): Five steps to develop an effective substance misuse prevention intervention.
- A Guide to SAMHSA’s Strategic Prevention Framework (Spanish)
- Focus on Prevention: A user-friendly manual to plan and deliver substance use prevention strategies.
- Substance Use Prevention Communications Toolkit: A toolkit for communicating with youth ― both in conversations and mass communications ― including social norms and framing.
- Registries of Proven Interventions
Driving Under the Influence
It’s illegal everywhere in the U.S. to drive under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, opioids, methamphetamines, or any potentially impairing drug. This includes prescribed and over-the-counter medications. Even in states where marijuana laws have changed, it’s still illegal to drive under the influence of that drug.
Give yourself (and others) the gift of sober driving.
Treatment for Substance Use Disorders
- Finding Quality Treatment for Substance Use Disorders
- Medications and Counseling
- Medications for Substance Use Disorders
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline - 24/7 referrals to local treatment, support groups, and resources. Call 800-662-HELP (4357) (English and Spanish) or TTY: 800-487-4889. Or text your zip code to: 435748 (HELP4U).
- FindTreatment.gov - Find treatment facilities for substance use and/or mental health issues.
Visit SAMHSA’s grants dashboard, to see our grants that address alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
Technical Assistance and Training
- Prevention Technology Transfer Center (PTTC) Network
- Strategic Prevention Technical Assistance Center (SPTAC)
- Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC) Network
- Harm Reduction Technical Assistance Center
- Providers Clinical Support System (PCSS)
- National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare (NCSACW)
- National Center of Excellence for Tobacco-Free Recovery
- Rural Opioid Technical Assistance (ROTA)
- State Targeted Response Technical Assistance (STR-TA) – Opioid Response Network
- National Family Support Technical Assistance Center (NFSTAC)