Mono Bar
Main page content
Find Support banner

Find Help for Mental Health, Drugs, or Alcohol if You’re on Arizona's Medicaid Program or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)


If you're part of the Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS),  Arizona's Medicaid program, you'll receive all behavioral health services through your chosen AHCCCS Managed Care Organization (MCO) plan. That mean's you'll first choose a primary care provider (PCP) that works with your health plan, and then your PCP will authorize your non-emergency medical services, and send you to a specialist when needed.

You can search the provider directory to find a health care professional. Learn more about the types of providers. To make sure a provider is covered by your health plan, check with your plan's online provider directory or by calling the number on the back of your card.

If you need assistance, contact your Regional Behavioral Health Authority or AHCCCS Complete Care Plan (PDF | 247 KB) in your region of the state. 

You can also search for behavioral health providers (PDF | 296 KB) for services on a sliding fee scale. 

BHN State Page Block

If you have concerns about getting to an appointment, your state’s Medicaid program may offer help with transportation (PDF | 1 MB).

You can also:

  • Ask your doctor, social worker, loved ones, or a trusted friend, if they know any health care professionals or programs.
  • Call the phone number on the back of your insurance card. Many will list a number for mental health and substance use (sometimes called behavioral health) or a nurse line. You can ask them for help finding and getting services.
  • Use the SAMHSA search for health care professionals and programs or call 1-800-662-4357 any time day or night. The call line has people who can speak with you in English or Spanish.
  • Find a health center that provides free or low-cost care.
  • If you have a job, ask your employer’s human resources department if they have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). An EAP is a free and confidential service that your company pays for. The service can help employees with mental health, drug or alcohol use, grief, and trauma.
  • If you’re a student, look for your school’s health center or peer support group.
  • Learn about support groups.
Last Updated
Last Updated: 04/24/2023
Last Updated