Continuation applications are due no later than February 4, 2019.
Recipients must submit a non-competing continuation application before SAMHSA can issue the continuation award to continue the funding from one budget period to the next budget period for the same project. Recipients must submit continuation applications through the eRA Commons system.
IMPORTANT: The non-competing continuation application can only be initiated and submitted through the eRA Commons System (submissions directly through Grants.gov are not supported).
eRA Notification to Grant Recipient Regarding Access to the Continuation Application
The Business Officials and the Project Directors will receive email notifications from eRA (sender: era-notify). Grant-specific details will be included in these notifications.
To: Business Official; Project Director
Subject: SAMHSA Non-Competing Continuation Application Due for (Grant Number: H79SP0xxxxx)
Grant Number: H79SP0xxxxx
Upcoming Support Year: x
Application Type: Non-Competing Continuation
Application Due Date: 02/xx/2019
PD/PI: Doe, Jane
Organization Name: (Name of Organization)
Grant Program: (Program Class Code)
Your Non-Competing Continuation application for the project referenced above is due on 02/xx/2019. The Non-Competing Continuation application can only be initiated through the eRA Commons and submitted through ASSIST (submissions directly through Grants.gov are not supported).
Please log in to Commons to initiate the application preparation and submission process. In order to submit your application, you will need to be properly registered in Grants.gov and have an active SAM.gov registration, as you will be required to enter your Grants.gov Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) credentials in ASSIST in order to complete the submission process and your organization registration will be validated.
If you have any questions, please consult the eRA Service Desk. If you have additional grants management related questions, please contact your assigned Grants Management Specialist.
- Review the following documents, then log into the eRA Commons to initiate the application process:
Attachment A: Continuation Application Package (PDF | 198 KB) provides instruction on specific continuation application information that must be submitted via eRA Commons.
Attachment B: How to Submit Continuation Applications through eRA Commons (PDF | 2.3 MB) provides information on accessing and submitting the continuation application through eRA Commons.
- Contact the eRA Service Desk for any technical questions regarding the submission process.
- Contact your assigned Grants Management Specialist with budget and grant-specific questions.
The following forms may be required as part of the continuation application package:
- Disclosure of Lobbying Activities (PDF | 33 KB): If the organization does not participate in lobbying activities, indicate “Not Applicable” on the SF-LLL Form and submit.
- Charitable Choice Form SMA-170 (PDF | 23 KB): If the organization is not faith-based, indicate “Not Applicable” on the charitable choice form and submit.
Budget for Continuation Applications
The following document provides guidance on completing the SF-424A Form – Budget Information for matching and non-matching programs:
- Guidance on Completing the SF 424A Form – Budget Information - MATCH Not Required (PDF | 331 KB)
- Guidance on Completing the SF 424A Form – Budget Information - MATCH Required (PDF | 417 KB)
Below are sample budgets that recipients may use to prepare the detailed budget and narrative justification:
Instructions on How to Edit or Delete a Continuation Application
The following document provides guidance on how to edit or delete a continuation application when SAMHSA has returned it to the grant recipient.
Drug-free Communities (DFC) recipients should review the guidance for DFC and DFC Mentoring Continuation Grants.