Application Forms and Resources
If you are applying for a SAMHSA grant, you must download the application forms found on Grants.gov. You may require additional forms found on the SAMHSA website. Read the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) carefully to determine which forms you must include in your application. Applications that do not include all required forms will be screened out and will not be eligible for review.
Budget Templates and Sample SF-424 and SF-424A Forms
All applications must include a detailed budget and narrative that explains the federal and the non-federal expenditures broken out by the object class cost categories listed on SF-424A − Section B (Budget Category) for non-construction awards. Access the Budget and Narrative information, templates, and forms.
HHS 690 Form
Every grant applicant must have a completed HHS 690 form (PDF | 324 KB) on file with the Department of Health and Human Services. Your signature acknowledges that you agree to comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
Charitable Choice Form SMA 170
You may be required to submit an Assurance of Compliance with SAMHSA Charitable Choice Statutes and Regulations form SMA 170 (PDF | 23 KB). Check the NOFO to determine if this form is required for the grant program for which you are applying.
Additional Materials for Completing Your Grant Application
- Developing a Competitive SAMHSA Grant Application (PDF | 1.1 MB)
- Developing Goals and Measurable Objectives
- Data Collection and Performance Measurement
- Biographical Sketches and Position Descriptions
- Formatting Requirements and System Validation
- Intergovernmental Review (E.O. 12372) Requirements
- Guidelines for Confidentiality and Participant Protection/Human Subjects
- Standard Funding Restrictions
- Administrative and National Policy
- Guidance for States requesting use of Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant funds to Implement SSPs (PDF | 88 KB)
- Guidance for Minority HIV/AIDS Initiative (MAI) Programs Implementing SSPs (PDF | 86 KB)
- Participation Guidelines for Individuals with Lived Experience and Family
- Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality
- Directory of Single State Substance Abuse Agencies
- Directory of Single State Mental Health Authorities
- Evidence-Based Practices Resource Center