SAMHSA publications and related resources on health care and health systems integration.
- Health Reform: What It Means for People with Substance Use and Mental Disorders – 2011
- Medicaid Handbook: Interface with Behavioral Health Services – 2013
Evidence-Based and Best Practices
- Evidence-Based Practices (EBP) Web Guide features research findings and details about EBPs used to prevent and treat mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Find Health Care Integration evidence-based practices by searching SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP).
- The MedTEAM (Medication, Treatment, Evaluation, and Management) Evidence-Based Practices KIT helps mental health treatment teams.
- Medicare Learning Network
- Milbank Memorial Fund, Evolving Models of Behavioral Health Integration in Primary Care
- National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP), “A Tale of Two Systems: A Look at State Efforts to Integrate Primary Care and Behavioral Health in Safety Net Settings” – 2010 (PDF | 204 KB)
- NASHP, “Building Medical Homes in State Medicaid and CHIP Programs”
- Open Behavioral Health Information Technology Architecture
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
- Public Health Action Plan to Integrate Mental Health Promotion and Mental Illness Prevention with Chronic Disease Prevention, 2011–2015 (PDF | 829 KB)
- The Bringing Recovery Supports to Scale Technical Assistance Center Strategy (BRSS TACS) promotes wide-scale adoption of recovery-oriented supports, services, and systems.
- SAMHSA’s Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies (CAPT) strengthens prevention systems and the nation’s behavioral health workforce.
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) is a public health approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services.
Training and Education
- HHS Federal Partners Integrated Care Meeting: “State of the Art: Research, Models, Promising Practices and Sustaining Integrated Care”
- The Behavioral Health Technical Assistance Learning Community promotes collaboration and knowledge development.
- The SAMHSA-Health Resources and Services Administration Center for Integrated Health Solutions promotes the development of integrated primary and behavioral health services.