SAMHSA publications and related resources on health disparities.
- A Guide to Organizing Interactive Discussions on Mental Health Issues among Consumers, Providers, and Family Members – 2000
- Challenges and Opportunities in a Changing Health Care Environment – 2012
- Challenging Stereotypes: An Action Guide – 2001
- Community Conversations About Mental Health: Discussion Guide – 2013
- CultureCard: A Guide to Build Cultural Awareness (American Indian and Alaska Native) – 2009
- Developing a Stigma Reduction Initiative – 2006
Evidence-Based and Best Practices
The Evidence-Based Practices Resource Center is a searchable online registry. The Evidence-Based Practices Resource Center was developed to help the public learn more about evidence-based interventions that are available for implementation.
National Strategies and Initiatives
- The HHS Action Plan to Reduce Racial and Ethnic Disparities at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) builds on the Affordable Care Act to address health disparities.
- The National Stakeholder Strategy for Achieving Health Equity provides a common set of goals and objectives to help underserved groups reach their full health potential.
- 2011 National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Reports at the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- 2013 Health Disparities and Inequalities Report at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care, 2002 Report at the National Institutes of Health
- Teaching Tolerance, a project of the Southern Poverty Law Center
Training and Education
- National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare
- National Network to Eliminate Disparities in Behavioral Health
- SAMHSA-Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Center for Integrated Health Solutions Education and Training
- Training and Technical Assistance for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives
Federal Minority Health Agencies
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Office of Minority Health and Health Equity
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Office of Minority Health
- Food and Drug Administration, Office of Minority Health
- HHS Office of Minority Health, which includes the HHS Office of Minority Health Resource Center
- HRSA, Office of Health Equity
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities
- SAMHSA Office of Behavioral Health Equity