Update Practitioner Contact Information

Get instructions on updating practitioner waiver contact information.

To update the contact information for your practitioner waiver, complete the Update Practitioner Contact Information form. You will need to enter the following:

  • The state in which you are licensed to practice
  • Your state medical license number
  • Your Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number

The licensing state and state medical license number and DEA registration number must be the same as what is currently on file.

If any of this information has changed, you can retrieve your record using the old numbers. You can provide the new numbers when you update your record.

Make sure you use your main DEA registration number, not the waiver number that starts with an “X” that was issued when your waiver was certified.

If you are having difficulty submitting changes or have questions, contact the SAMHSA Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) Buprenorphine Information Center at 866-BUP-CSAT (866-287-2728) or send an email to infobuprenorphine@samhsa.hhs.gov.

Last Updated: 11/26/2019