Find Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Training
SAMHSA funds the Providers’ Clinical Support System (PCSS) to provide practitioner training in the evidence-based prevention and treatment of OUD and offers the trainings needed to apply for DEA registrations to prescribe Schedule II-V medications.
SAMHSA offers tools, training, and technical assistance to practitioners in the fields of mental and substance use disorders. Find information on SAMHSA training and resources.
- Buprenorphine Quick Start Guide (PDF | 1.4 MB)
- Pocket Guide (PDF | 211 KB)
- Guide to Substance Abuse Services for Primary Care Clinicians Based on TIP 24
- TIP 49: Incorporating Alcohol Pharmacotherapies Into Medical Practice
- Advisory: Prescribing Pharmacotherapies for Patients With Alcohol Use Disorder
The views expressed in these courses and related materials do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS); nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
SAMHSA-supported courses are planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through joint sponsorship with the host organizations and SAMHSA’s Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT).
Learn more about buprenorphine.