Tell us where prevention happens for you in three easy steps: fill out your sign, take a selfie with it, and share it on social media.
NPW 2020: #PreventionHappensHere
Take the Challenge in Three Easy Steps
- Download and fill out your #PreventionHappensHere sign (PDF | 6.8 MB).
- Take a selfie with your sign in the place where prevention happens in your life.
- Post your selfie on social media with the #PreventionHappensHere hashtag and tag your location and your friends.
If you aren’t able to print the #PreventionHappenHere sign, that’s OK! Just follow steps two and three to share your prevention selfie and answer the sign question in your post caption.
Prevention Happens Anywhere and Everywhere
Substance misuse prevention happens in a lot of places, spaces, and communities. That’s why we’re challenging you to take a selfie in the locations and environments where you are preventing substance misuse and suicide.
And, we know that prevention happens with individuals, groups, organizations, and communities, so your selfie can be by yourself or with a group of people. Just show us where prevention happens in your life!
Need some ideas? Prevention happens:
- When you decide to take your dog for a walk instead of going to a big party with illegal substance use
- When two people discuss their mental health in their living room in California
- When a community talks about the consequences of underage drinking in a real and honest way during a town hall meeting in Wisconsin
- When teens share ideas about how to avoid marijuana, e-cigarettes, and pills at parties in a classroom in New Mexico