- If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org.
- To learn how to get support for mental health, drug, and alcohol issues, visit FindSupport.gov.
- To locate treatment facilities or providers, visit FindTreatment.gov or call SAMHSA’s National Helpline at 800-662-HELP (4357).
Center of Excellence on LGBTQ+ Behavioral Health Equity
Watch a video on providing equitable and affirming care to LGBTQ+ older adults (6 minutes, 37 seconds).
- Access webinars
- Find more LGBTQ+ resources
Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC)
Read the “Reducing Loneliness and Social Isolation among Older Adults” fact sheet.
- Access fact sheets
- Find more SPRC resources
National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD) Resources
- NASMHPD Webinars for Older Adults
- Improving Community Options for Older Adults (working paper)
- The Impact of the Older Adult Mental Health Workforce Shortage on the Public Mental Health System (report) (PDF | 542 KB)
- Weaving a Community Safety Net to Prevent Older Adult Suicide (PDF | 1.1 MB)
- Older Adults Peer Support: Finding a Source for Funding (PDF | 1.4 MB)
E4 Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health Disparities in Aging Resources
- E4Center Webinars for Older Adults
- Speak Up to Reduce Stigma!
- Utilizing Cross-Sector Partnerships to Reduce Behavioral Health Disparities in Older Adults Toolkit
- Serious Mental Illness Evidence-Based Treatment Program Materials
- COVID-19, Mental Health, and Aging (PDF | 542 KB)
- Work Examining Diverse Groups and Promoting Cultural Competence (PDF | 321 KB)
- Substance use and Misuse among Older Adults (PDF | 364 KB)
- Suicide among Older Adults (PDF | 435 KB)