If you need suicide or mental health-related crisis support, or are worried about someone else, please call or text 1-800-273-8255 or visit the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline’s chat to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
You may also call SAMHSA’s National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or TTY: 1-800-487-4889, or use the SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator to get help.
Center of Excellence on LGBTQ+ Behavioral Health Equity
Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC)
Read the “Reducing Loneliness and Social Isolation among Older Adults” fact sheet.
National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD) Resources
- NASMHPD Webinars for Older Adults
- Improving Community Options for Older Adults (working paper)
- The Impact of the Older Adult Mental Health Workforce Shortage on the Public Mental Health System (report) (PDF | 542 KB)
- Weaving a Community Safety Net to Prevent Older Adult Suicide (PDF | 1.1 MB)
- Older Adults Peer Support: Finding a Source for Funding (PDF | 1.4 MB)
E4 Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health Disparities in Aging Resources
- E4Center Webinars for Older Adults
- Speak Up to Reduce Stigma!
- Utilizing Cross-Sector Partnerships to Reduce Behavioral Health Disparities in Older Adults Toolkit
- Serious Mental Illness Evidence-Based Treatment Program Materials
- COVID-19, Mental Health, and Aging (PDF | 542 KB)
- Work Examining Diverse Groups and Promoting Cultural Competence (PDF | 321 KB)
- Substance use and Misuse among Older Adults (PDF | 364 KB)
- Suicide among Older Adults (PDF | 435 KB)