SAMHSA publications and related resources on school and campus health.
- Addressing the Mental Health Needs of Young Children and Their Families – 2010
- Building Bridges: Student Mental Health Leaders and College Administrators Counselors, and Faculty in Dialogue – 2007
- Findings from the National Evaluation of the Safe Schools/Healthy Students Initiative – 2013
- Helping Students Avoid Prescription Drug Abuse – 2009
- Preventing Suicide: A Toolkit for High Schools – 2012
Evidence-Based and Best Practices
- Search SAMHSA’s Evidence-Based Practices Resource Center to find interventions and evidence-based programs and practices.
Behavioral Health Services and Treatment
- Building Blocks for a Healthy Future
- Community Conversations
- “Talk. They Hear You.”
- Too Smart To Start
National Strategies and Initiatives
- National Recovery Month
- National Strategy for Suicide Prevention 2012: Goals and Objectives for Action
- Active Minds
- American College Health Association (ACHA)
- Best Practices of Youth Violence Prevention: A Sourcebook for Community Action – 2002 (PDF | 63 KB) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- A Call to Action: Changing the Culture of Drinking at U.S. Colleges at College Drinking—Changing the Culture
- HERO House (Higher Education Recovery Option)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) on Campus
- National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments
- The Jed Foundation
- Collaborative for the Application of Prevention Technologies (CAPT) offers technical assistance and training tools on adverse childhood experiences and underage drinking.
- National Resource Center for Mental Health Promotion and Youth Violence Prevention offers technical assistance for states and communities working to prevent youth violence and support the well-being of children.
- National Technical Assistance Center for Children’s Mental Health offers technical assistance and training on strategies for positive outcomes for children and youth with mental health needs and their families.
- Safe Schools/Healthy Students offers technical assistance and training for the initiative’s grantees.
- SAMHSA Tribal Training and Technical Assistance Center Resources provide information on mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC) offers a public health approach to suicide prevention.