Learn about the newsletter, fact sheets, and best practice resources developed to support service members, veterans, and their families.
The Service Members, Veterans, and their Families Technical Assistance (SMVF TA) Center publishes Topics in the News, a monthly e-newsletter with up-to-date information on behavioral health issues important to service members, veterans, and their families. It also contains information about upcoming webinars, new studies, and other newsworthy items.
Join the SMVF TA Center email list to receive the e-newsletter and other emails from the SMVF TA Center.
Fact sheets developed by the SMVF TA Center encourage users to adopt or adapt promising, best, and evidence-based practices. Sample topics include:
- Weathering Political and Leadership Transitions
- Transitioning From Military to Civilian Life
- Suicide Prevention Fact Sheet
Best Practice Resources
The SMVF TA Center also develops resources that highlight promising, best, and evidence-based practice resources across its network. These materials help stakeholders stay up to date on current evidence-based programs and practices for service members, veterans, and their families.
Best practice resources guide conscientious and explicit decision-making about the care of communities and populations by providing the best available scientific evidence. Practices are defined in the following ways:
- Evidence-based Practice: A program, activity, or strategy with the highest degree of proven effectiveness via research and evaluation.
- Best Practice: A program, activity, or strategy that has been shown to work effectively and produce successful outcomes, which includes field testing and limited evaluation.
- Promising Practice: A program, activity, or strategy that has worked within one organization and shows promise for becoming a best practice.
To access fact sheets and other resources, email email@example.com.