The Service Members, Veterans, and their Families Technical Assistance (SMVF TA) Center hosts webinars that increase awareness on issues important to states and territories working to improve their behavioral health systems serving service members, veterans, and their families.
Access recorded webinars featuring leading subject matter experts from across the country.
Learning Communities are highly interactive, multi-session virtual events that bring together small groups (20 people or less) of state and territory interagency team members and other key stakeholders knowledgeable on a given topic. During each session, subject matter experts provide tailored content followed by discussion. Homework is assigned to help participants advance their strategic and implementation planning goals. The model is designed in a way that fosters extensive state-to-state sharing, allowing participants to build beneficial relationships with their peers across the country.
Past Learning Community Topics
- Families Serve, Too!
- Innovative Approaches to Supporting Justice-Involved Veterans
- Reaching and Engaging Rural SMVF
- No Wrong Door: Increasing Access to Behavioral Health Care in Rural Communities
- Bridging the Gap in Services: A Collaborative Community Approach
- The Implementation of Best Practices in SMVF Crisis Intercept Mapping
- The Access to Care Series: Opening Doors to Behavioral Health Services for Military and Veteran Families in Transition
- Understanding the Behavioral Health Needs of Women Service Members and Veterans
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Gambling
- Military and Veteran Children and Families
- Practitioner Education and Training (PET)
- Strategies to Encourage Service Members, Veterans, and their Families to Join the Behavioral Health Profession
- Ensuring Impact: Building Logic Models, Choosing and Evaluation Design, Measuring and Analyzing Data
- Tools and Strategies to Build a Military Culturally Competent Peer Network for SMVF
- Planning for the Care and Support of Pre-9/11 Veterans and their Families
- Behavioral Health Education and Careers for Service Members, Veterans, and their Families
- Advancing Strategies to Support Military and Veteran Caregivers: A Look Ahead to a Positive Future
- Supporting Children in Military and Veteran Families - Promoting Protective Factors
- Adapting, Designing and Delivering Training for SMVF Peers
- SMVF Substance Use: What Works in Prevention, Treatment and Recovery
- SMVF Peer Support: The Science, Support Services, and State-Specific Resources for Training, Credentialing, and Reimbursement
- SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access and Recovery (SOAR) for Service Members, Veterans, and their Families
- Building Strong Behavioral Health Systems for Rural Service Members, Veterans, and their Families
- Applying Current Technologies to Increase Access and Enhance Quality of Services for Service Members, Veterans, and their Families
- Military and Veterans’ Families Implementation Learning Community on Data
- Building Strong Behavioral Health Systems for Military and Veteran Families and Children
- Data Sharing, Public Policies, Practices and Planning for Behavioral Health
- Effective Suicide Prevention Approaches for SMVF