Learn about webinars and learning communities that share behavioral health best practices and lessons learned for service members, veterans, and their families.
The Service Members, Veterans, and their Families Technical Assistance (SMVF TA) Center hosts webinars that increase awareness on issues important to states and territories working to improve their behavioral health systems serving service members, veterans, and their families.
Access recorded webinars featuring leading subject matter experts from across the country.
Learning Communities are highly interactive, multi-session virtual events that bring together small groups (20 people or less) of state and territory interagency team members and other key stakeholders knowledgeable on a given topic. During each session, subject matter experts provide tailored content followed by discussion. Homework is assigned to help participants advance their strategic and implementation planning goals. The model is designed in a way that fosters extensive state-to-state sharing, allowing participants to build beneficial relationships with their peers across the country.
Past Learning Community Topics
- Advancing Strategies to Support Military and Veteran Caregivers: A Look Ahead to a Positive Future
- Supporting Children in Military and Veteran Families – Promoting Protective Factors
- Adapting, Designing, and Delivering Training for SMVF Peers
- SMVF Substance Use: What Works in Prevention, Treatment, and Recovery
- SMVF Peer Support: The Science, Support Services, and State-Specific Resources for Training, Credentialing, and Reimbursement
- SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access and Recovery (SOAR) for Service Members, Veterans, and their Families
- Building Strong Behavioral Health Systems for Rural Service Members, Veterans, and their Families
- Applying Current Technologies to Increase Access and Enhance Quality of Services for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- Military and Veteran Families Implementation Learning Community on Data
- Building Strong Behavioral Health Systems for Military and Veteran Families and Children
- Data Sharing, Public Policies, Practices, and Planning for Behavioral Health
- Effective Suicide Prevention Approaches for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families