SAMHSA publications and related resources on Behavioral Health Treatments and Services.
- Behavioral Health Barometer – 2014
- Behavioral Health: Challenges and Opportunities – 2012
- Behavioral Health: Public Health Challenge, Public Health Opportunity – 2011
- Medicaid Handbook: Interface with Behavioral Health Services – 2013
- TIP 57: Trauma-Informed Care in Behavioral Health Services – 2014
Visit SAMHSA’s store to access hundreds of publications that provide information on mental health and substance abuse treatments and services.
Evidence-Based and Best Practices
- Behavioral Health—Evidence-Based Treatment and Recovery Practices – 2012
- Integrated Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders Evidence-Based Practices (EBP) KIT – 2010
- Evidence-based Practices (EBP) Resource Center
- Physician Clinical Support System - Medication Assisted Treatment
- Provider’s Clinical Support System for the Appropriate Use of Opioids in the Treatment of Pain and Opioid–related Addiction
National Strategies and Initiatives
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)
- Food and Drug Administration: Drugs
- Monitoring the Future Study (MTF)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS)
State and Local Initiatives
Visit the State and Local Government Partnerships page to learn more about SAMHSA’s state and local initiatives.
SAMHSA funds a number of technical assistance centers that provide information, resources, and technical assistance on a wide range of behavioral health issues and topics, including treatments and supports. For more information, visit SAMHSA’s Programs and Campaigns.