SAMHSA publications and other resources on veterans and military families.
- Behavioral Health Issues among Afghanistan and Iraq U.S. War Veterans – 2012
- Coming Home: Supporting Military Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families (Webcast) – 2012
- Military Families: Access to Care for Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve, Veterans, Their Families and Those Close to Them (Webcast) – 2011
- SAMHSA News: Paving the Road Home - Returning Veterans and Behavioral Health – 2008
- SAMHSA News: What Military Patients Want Civilian Providers to Know – 2011
National Strategies and Initiatives
Real Warriors is focused on combating discrimination associated with seeking care and treatment for psychological health concerns.
- Interagency Task Force on Military and Veterans Mental Health 2013 Annual Report
- Department of Defense Survey of Health Related Behaviors
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Military Families Podcasts and Webinars (Free but login is required)
- National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
Training and Education
- Mental Health First Aid USA is a live training program—like regular First Aid or CPR—to give people the skills to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis.