Use resources from SAMHSA’s Wellness Initiative to raise awareness about the importance of wellness and its role in improving mental and physical health.
Access materials to share messages about wellness any time of year:
- Action Planning for Prevention and Recovery: A Self-Help Guide – 2002 covers strategies and steps to create an action plan for prevention and recovery, including topics such as wellness, daily maintenance, and crisis intervention.
- Creating a Healthier Life: A Step-by-Step Guide to Wellness – 2016 (also available in Spanish) defines wellness and its relationship to behavioral health and explains how to make the eight dimensions of wellness part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Health and Wellness at the SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions offers resources on spirituality in health care, tobacco cessation, relaxation, and more.
- Learn the Eight Dimensions of Wellness Poster – 2016 (also available in Spanish) promotes awareness of the eight dimensions of wellness.
- SAMHSA’s Working Definition of Recovery – 2012 defines recovery from mental and/or substance use disorders and provides 10 guiding principles for recovery.
- What Health Providers and Organizations Need to Know About Wellness – 2016 (also available in Spanish) provides facts about mental illness, the eight dimensions of wellness, and tips for clinicians on providing care for individuals experiencing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- What Individuals in Recovery Need to Know – 2016 (also available in Spanish) describes the eight dimensions of wellness and offers suggestions for how to make wellness a part of everyday life.
Celebrate National Wellness Week in September with National Wellness Week Resources.